The Student Room Group

UCAT score

Is it worth applying to birmingham uni with a ucat score of 2610 b1. My GCSE grades are :
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 9
Spanish - 9
Music - 9

Pls can someone help because I really want to go but don't want to waste an application!!
Original post by chan432
Is it worth applying to birmingham uni with a ucat score of 2610 b1. My GCSE grades are :
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Geography - 9
Spanish - 9
Music - 9

Pls can someone help because I really want to go but don't want to waste an application!!

do you attend a contextual school?
Reply 2
Original post by reubenn05
do you attend a contextual school?

nope
Original post by chan432
nope

unfortunately your score is below last year's cutoff - you score 6.722 and the cutoff was 8.1 last year
Reply 4
unfortunately your score is below last year's cutoff - you score 6.722 and the cutoff was 8.1 last year

ok thats a shame but thank you so much for answering. rly means a lot!!
do you have any recommendations on where to apply for med?
Original post by chan432
ok thats a shame but thank you so much for answering. rly means a lot!!
do you have any recommendations on where to apply for med?

look at aston. what is your ucat breakdown and volunteering/work experience?
Reply 6
look at aston. what is your ucat breakdown and volunteering/work experience?

vr - 600
dm - 650
qr - 630
ar - 730
sjt - b1

done work exp in hospitals (shadowed cardiologist, gastroenterologist, anaesthetist as well as surgey clinics such as ortho, opthamologist) and gp. about to start volunteering in a care home and also doing nhs cadets (st johns ambulance)
Original post by chan432
vr - 600
dm - 650
qr - 630
ar - 730
sjt - b1

done work exp in hospitals (shadowed cardiologist, gastroenterologist, anaesthetist as well as surgey clinics such as ortho, opthamologist) and gp. about to start volunteering in a care home and also doing nhs cadets (st johns ambulance)

look at lincoln (you are 5 points above last year's cutoff), maybe keele (ps needs to be tailored to their spec). qub could be worth a shot - you score 37, cutoff last year was 38.
Reply 8
look at lincoln (you are 5 points above last year's cutoff), maybe keele (ps needs to be tailored to their spec). qub could be worth a shot - you score 37, cutoff last year was 38.

okok tysm u've been so much help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending