The Student Room Group

Art gcse marks

How many marks does Art and Design GCSE have in total? (Edexcel) Because i ask my teacher and she says 72 but then i check on Grade Bounderies and it says like 180 up words, Like how many marks does it actually have?
Original post by benino
How many marks does Art and Design GCSE have in total? (Edexcel) Because i ask my teacher and she says 72 but then i check on Grade Bounderies and it says like 180 up words, Like how many marks does it actually have?

There are two components, each worth 72 marks. However, they are weighted differently with Component 1 (Personal Portfolio) being worth 60% of the GCSE and Component 2 (Externally Set Assignment) being worth 40% of the GCSE.

To arrange that weighting they multiply the Component 1 mark by 1.5 before adding it to the Component 2 mark. (72 x 1.5) + 72 = 180.

You can find the above buried in the specification, here. See pages 4, 5 and the bottom of page 37 in particular.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
There are two components, each worth 72 marks. However, they are weighted differently with Component 1 (Personal Portfolio) being worth 60% of the GCSE and Component 2 (Externally Set Assignment) being worth 40% of the GCSE.

To arrange that weighting they multiply the Component 1 mark by 1.5 before adding it to the Component 2 mark. (72 x 1.5) + 72 = 180.

You can find the above buried in the specification, here. See pages 4, 5 and the bottom of page 37 in particular.

Thank you for responding i have another question what happens if i didnt colour few things on my Components and i am aiming for a grade 4 will i still be able to get it?
Original post by benino
Thank you for responding i have another question what happens if i didnt colour few things on my Components and i am aiming for a grade 4 will i still be able to get it?

I've no idea, I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest