The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick accommodation help !

I'm applying for accommodation at Warwick uni, and was wondering if anyone can give advice regarding which would be better- cryfield (apartment/townhouses) or claycroft. I'm wondering if Cryfield feels a bit far from central campus? Claycroft feels convenient because I will be studying maths so its very near, but I don't know how much of a difference it'll actually make? The rooms and kitchens look nicer in cryfield?I don't mind the shared bathrooms in claycroft.
Reply 1
Original post by iureijk
I'm applying for accommodation at Warwick uni, and was wondering if anyone can give advice regarding which would be better- cryfield (apartment/townhouses) or claycroft. I'm wondering if Cryfield feels a bit far from central campus? Claycroft feels convenient because I will be studying maths so its very near, but I don't know how much of a difference it'll actually make? The rooms and kitchens look nicer in cryfield?I don't mind the shared bathrooms in claycroft.

Cryfield is right next to central campus (so close that you can sometimes hear the events from the Piazza), so no worries there. It's obviously further from maths, but it's closer to the SU, sports hub and sports pitches, and they're about equal distance from the library. Claycroft is admittedly much more convenient for Tesco/Aldi though, so if you're in the habit of buying heavy things and don't want to arrange deliveries then that could be worth bearing in mind, but it's also one of the furthest from the sports hub.

Saying all that, within the main campus you're never looking at more than a 10-15 minute walk to anywhere, so I wouldn't use that as a dealbreaker. Cryfield is nice and much more modern than Claycroft, but you also pay a premium for that, so it's up to you to decide if you'd rather use that money elsewhere. Both are perfectly fine places to live, and the allocation system is fairly luck based anyway, so it's not really worth getting too attached to one or the other.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Interea
Cryfield is right next to central campus (so close that you can sometimes hear the events from the Piazza), so no worries there. It's obviously further from maths, but it's closer to the SU, sports hub and sports pitches, and they're about equal distance from the library. Claycroft is admittedly much more convenient for Tesco/Aldi though, so if you're in the habit of buying heavy things and don't want to arrange deliveries then that could be worth bearing in mind, but it's also one of the furthest from the sports hub.

Saying all that, within the main campus you're never looking at more than a 10-15 minute walk to anywhere, so I wouldn't use that as a dealbreaker. Cryfield is nice and much more modern than Claycroft, but you also pay a premium for that, so it's up to you to decide if you'd rather use that money elsewhere. Both are perfectly fine places to live, and the allocation system is fairly luck based anyway, so it's not really worth getting too attached to one or the other.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is so helpful I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest