The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Applying to uni or an apprenticeship

Hi, i haven’t got the grades(S5 Highers) I needed to apply to uni next year so I probably won’t get any offer, if I get the grades I need next year(S6) does this mean I will have to wait till 2025 to apply to uni or an apprenticeship. Thanks!
Original post by Bukunm_1
Hi, i haven’t got the grades(S5 Highers) I needed to apply to uni next year so I probably won’t get any offer, if I get the grades I need next year(S6) does this mean I will have to wait till 2025 to apply to uni or an apprenticeship. Thanks!

Could you tell me what grades you did get and what courses you are thinking about?
Then I can see where the land lies a bit for you :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Could you tell me what grades you did get and what courses you are thinking about?
Then I can see where the land lies a bit for you :smile:

The grades I got are - Maths(B), English(C), Physics(C), Computing(D), Design & Manufacture(D). I was hoping to get on a business or software course
The grades I got are - Maths(B), English(C), Physics(C), Computing(D), Design & Manufacture(D). I was hoping to get on a business or software course
Okay, generally speaking for the courses you're looking at, what are the grades that unis are after for Highers?
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, generally speaking for the courses you're looking at, what are the grades that unis are after for Highers?

Lowest - AABBB & Standard - AAAAA
Lowest - AABBB & Standard - AAAAA

Are there any institutions offering any lower than this?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Are there any institutions offering any lower than this?

The lowest I’ve seen is for apprenticeships which was BBBB
The lowest I’ve seen is for apprenticeships which was BBBB
I did a quick look around, Robert Gordon University have BBBC for a business course.

I think then that you're going to need to discount your Ds and look at this in the following way:
1) You have Maths (B) and English (C), which are the main two subjects you'll need
2) You need some more Highers. At better grades. So perhaps next year the plan is to do 4-5 Highers and see if we can get some more Bs, perhaps the odd A?
3) You also need to talk to your parents and teachers, have they been helpful to you so far?

MR
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
I did a quick look around, Robert Gordon University have BBBC for a business course.

I think then that you're going to need to discount your Ds and look at this in the following way:
1) You have Maths (B) and English (C), which are the main two subjects you'll need
2) You need some more Highers. At better grades. So perhaps next year the plan is to do 4-5 Highers and see if we can get some more Bs, perhaps the odd A?
3) You also need to talk to your parents and teachers, have they been helpful to you so far?

MR

I have spoke to my parents about it and have picked highers this year with the aim t o get A's and B's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending