The Student Room Group

Can someone give this Q5 a mark out of 40 please. .

Q. Write a story with the title 'discovery' My mum and I used to be close. She used to always be there for me, and she would tell me everything. She protected me like a blanket, and I felt a sense of warmth and comfort when I was with her. But then it started feeling like she was hiding something from me. She kept repeating to me ‘no time’. She never used to say it in a sincere way, it always used to feel like she was trying to warn me of something. I never understood why or what she felt like she had to warn me of.
Tuesday morning, she decided to take us out the nearest shopping centre after she felt bad for not saying ‘hello’ or ‘good morning’ to me that entire day. I first felt a sense of joy and a smile grew up my face as I thought she wanted to spend some time with me. I decided to ignore the second thought that kept screaming at me, but my brain continued hitting the replay button on the same thing she always told me. The only thing she ever told me. As that day went on, my thoughts started to play around in my messed-up mind. I doubted myself for ever thinking that something could be wrong.
Everything seemed normal until she abruptly fell to the floor. My hands trembled with fear as I felt like I had been plunged into a nightmare, with no way to wake up or escape the horror before my eyes. I looked up and all I saw around me were a sea of horrified faces. I then immediately grabbed my phone and called the ambulance, I murmured, ‘something has happened to her’.
The ambulance had arrived soon after that, everyone was told to leave the shop. Until I felt the piercing stare of someone watching me in the distance. Goosebumps climbed up my arm, the hairs on my neck stood up. Their presence felt ominous and unsettling. A thought suddenly appeared in my mind of who it could be, but I thought to myself that it couldn’t be him. why would he come back after all these years of abandonment. I chose to ignore that thought since I had more important things to worry about. Suddenly, I ended up in the waiting room, The only sound I heard were the slow tik tocks of the clock on the wall that was opposite me. Sweat slid down my face as I was paralysed with fear of the uncertainty that my mum might not wake up.
Hours and hours went by and then stood before me was a man that loomed over me, he wore a white lab coat and there was a stethoscope that hung around his neck. I leaped up, my face beamed with excitement, anticipated by what words I was about to hear. Moments later, a frown was then engraved onto my face with a permanent pen, I refuse to ever let it get removed. My heart sank to the floor like stone and my eyes widened as tears slowly fell down my face, it almost felt like I couldn’t breathe as my lungs began to struggle for air.
I had to get out of there, I went outside to see that the sun had set hours before that, and the moon was lit high in the sky, and it cast an eerie glow over the rest of the world. The streetlights were like stars that shone over the darkness below them. I stood there and embraced my bitter truth. But then I felt that same strange feeling that I had felt earlier that day, the feeling that made my skin crawl, the feeling that made my heart race. I then turned around and I saw him, again, that same dark figure, lurking in the shadows. Watching me. I was almost drawn to him, but in a sinister way. I approached him and I stared at him with a sense of confusion but oddly some familiarity while I was trying to hide how frightened I really was. My mum was not there to protect me, and I did not feel that sense of warmth and comfort. The pieces then, all of a sudden, fit together in the puzzle that my mum created for me, what she was warning me of. I was right, its him. I now know what she meant by ‘no time’. It’s an anagram of my dad’s name. Montie.
Reply 1
Original post by 26mcohen
Q. Write a story with the title 'discovery' My mum and I used to be close. She used to always be there for me, and she would tell me everything. She protected me like a blanket, and I felt a sense of warmth and comfort when I was with her. But then it started feeling like she was hiding something from me. She kept repeating to me ‘no time’. She never used to say it in a sincere way, it always used to feel like she was trying to warn me of something. I never understood why or what she felt like she had to warn me of.
Tuesday morning, she decided to take us out the nearest shopping centre after she felt bad for not saying ‘hello’ or ‘good morning’ to me that entire day. I first felt a sense of joy and a smile grew up my face as I thought she wanted to spend some time with me. I decided to ignore the second thought that kept screaming at me, but my brain continued hitting the replay button on the same thing she always told me. The only thing she ever told me. As that day went on, my thoughts started to play around in my messed-up mind. I doubted myself for ever thinking that something could be wrong.
Everything seemed normal until she abruptly fell to the floor. My hands trembled with fear as I felt like I had been plunged into a nightmare, with no way to wake up or escape the horror before my eyes. I looked up and all I saw around me were a sea of horrified faces. I then immediately grabbed my phone and called the ambulance, I murmured, ‘something has happened to her’.
The ambulance had arrived soon after that, everyone was told to leave the shop. Until I felt the piercing stare of someone watching me in the distance. Goosebumps climbed up my arm, the hairs on my neck stood up. Their presence felt ominous and unsettling. A thought suddenly appeared in my mind of who it could be, but I thought to myself that it couldn’t be him. why would he come back after all these years of abandonment. I chose to ignore that thought since I had more important things to worry about. Suddenly, I ended up in the waiting room, The only sound I heard were the slow tik tocks of the clock on the wall that was opposite me. Sweat slid down my face as I was paralysed with fear of the uncertainty that my mum might not wake up.
Hours and hours went by and then stood before me was a man that loomed over me, he wore a white lab coat and there was a stethoscope that hung around his neck. I leaped up, my face beamed with excitement, anticipated by what words I was about to hear. Moments later, a frown was then engraved onto my face with a permanent pen, I refuse to ever let it get removed. My heart sank to the floor like stone and my eyes widened as tears slowly fell down my face, it almost felt like I couldn’t breathe as my lungs began to struggle for air.
I had to get out of there, I went outside to see that the sun had set hours before that, and the moon was lit high in the sky, and it cast an eerie glow over the rest of the world. The streetlights were like stars that shone over the darkness below them. I stood there and embraced my bitter truth. But then I felt that same strange feeling that I had felt earlier that day, the feeling that made my skin crawl, the feeling that made my heart race. I then turned around and I saw him, again, that same dark figure, lurking in the shadows. Watching me. I was almost drawn to him, but in a sinister way. I approached him and I stared at him with a sense of confusion but oddly some familiarity while I was trying to hide how frightened I really was. My mum was not there to protect me, and I did not feel that sense of warmth and comfort. The pieces then, all of a sudden, fit together in the puzzle that my mum created for me, what she was warning me of. I was right, its him. I now know what she meant by ‘no time’. It’s an anagram of my dad’s name. Montie.

GREAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending