The Student Room Group

A Level Geography NEA question

Hi, I am soon to start my NEA and am trying to think of a question on the topic of regeneration and was wondering if any past students have any advice on choosing a question?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by 177445
Hi, I am soon to start my NEA and am trying to think of a question on the topic of regeneration and was wondering if any past students have any advice on choosing a question?

You can be really generic and focus on the extent to which a regen project has been a success, that’s what I did, it’s really broad and gives you lots to explore in terms on sub questions as success is relative.
(Got an A in my nea btw)
Reply 3
Pick something you can easily do + have lots to write about

I done "Investigation into how quality of life varies on (road name)" and got A

alternatively you could do " how quality of life varies on road/area 1 vs road/area 2"
The easier it is to collect data and more data to have the better quality your NEA will be, don't do something very specific try be broad
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
You can be really generic and focus on the extent to which a regen project has been a success, that’s what I did, it’s really broad and gives you lots to explore in terms on sub questions as success is relative.
(Got an A in my nea btw)

Hi @Hellokitty123abc thanks for the response I was thinking of doing "To what extent has regeneration in Stratford been successful in creating positive social and economic change?" and was wondering if you have any tips or advice that you wish you knew for your NEA cause I'm aiming for an A too :smile:
Original post by 177445

We got told to chose and overall question, and then 2-3 sub questions focusing on key aspects that would help us answer the overall question.

Our school chose to do Kings Cross regeneration so all our questions were focused around that
Original post by 177445
Hi @Hellokitty123abc thanks for the response I was thinking of doing "To what extent has regeneration in Stratford been successful in creating positive social and economic change?" and was wondering if you have any tips or advice that you wish you knew for your NEA cause I'm aiming for an A too :smile:

- start your nea early
- have a clear plan!!! I restarted my nea 3x because I was so indecisive
- collect a variety or data so you can be selective with what you actually include in your nea
- utilise the mark scheme
- READ EXAMINER REPORTS > most important so you can see common mistakes previous candidates made
Reply 7
Original post by 177445

Pick a topic that you are interested in but also make sure it is a decent sized area of the spec. My NEA was on the flow of water through a river in response to rainfall and other factors, and it came in clutch in this year's paper 1 where my NEA was identical to one of the 12 markers on the paper, which helped me to secure the grade I wanted in the end.

Though make sure it's not too time specific, make sure it's easy to access from where you live and make sure there is sufficient reading you have done beforehand. Keep note of a bunch of sources and cite them properly, if you want, I can send you a copy of parts of my NEA to point you in the right direction (it got 69/70). The big thing is to take it one step at a time, and to not rush it all at the end because by that point you will be focusing on the actual exam papers which make up the vast majority of your grade.
Reply 8
Original post by _oscarh
Pick a topic that you are interested in but also make sure it is a decent sized area of the spec. My NEA was on the flow of water through a river in response to rainfall and other factors, and it came in clutch in this year's paper 1 where my NEA was identical to one of the 12 markers on the paper, which helped me to secure the grade I wanted in the end.
Though make sure it's not too time specific, make sure it's easy to access from where you live and make sure there is sufficient reading you have done beforehand. Keep note of a bunch of sources and cite them properly, if you want, I can send you a copy of parts of my NEA to point you in the right direction (it got 69/70). The big thing is to take it one step at a time, and to not rush it all at the end because by that point you will be focusing on the actual exam papers which make up the vast majority of your grade.

Hi, I am also currently in y12 and struggling to start my NEA. I already have a title but i feel it is quite broad and independent investigations, unless practical, are not my strong suit. I have formed a title with my teachers and everyone else has finished writing their introductions and methodologies. My title is "Assessing the factors affecting the flows and stores of water in the river ...." Are you able to share sections of your NEA with me as I can't find exemplars that are similar to my title and that would be useful in guiding me.

Quick Reply

Latest