The Student Room Group

Cambridge written work

Hi, for the course I want to apply for (HSPS) requires submitted written work. I've looked through the page on the website and I am concerned that my poor almost illegible handwriting may make it difficult to read. One of my teachers has been assisting me in using a laptop for my written exams due to the fact my handwriting is that poor. Will this affect my application, and would I be at all able to provide a transcribed version with teacher comments or is this something I would need to discuss with the university after I have submitted the formal UCAS application?
Current Cambridge student here! I would advise you to get in touch with the college and ask if that option is possible. As you’re often assisted by a laptop/teacher, it’s a completely reasonable adjustment that the university often offers to some students who are unable to handwrite exams, so I doubt they’d have a massive problem with allowing you to do the same. But of course it’s always best to confirm. :smile: Best of luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending