The Student Room Group

Embryology training

Hi all

I am currently researching possible careers. I am currently studying healthcare and healthscience with the open uni and considering a career as an embryologist. I was wo during if anyone knows the options when pursuing embryology. I know about about the competitive science training programme (stp). I have also seen masters in clinical embryology. Is the stp absoulutely necessary if you complete the masters. There is also a job In my area as an em ryology technician, not sure if this might be a good way in. Any knowledge or experience would be much appreciated

Thanks Molly 😊
Original post by Squirrelbabe
Hi all

I am currently researching possible careers. I am currently studying healthcare and healthscience with the open uni and considering a career as an embryologist. I was wo during if anyone knows the options when pursuing embryology. I know about about the competitive science training programme (stp). I have also seen masters in clinical embryology. Is the stp absoulutely necessary if you complete the masters. There is also a job In my area as an em ryology technician, not sure if this might be a good way in. Any knowledge or experience would be much appreciated

Thanks Molly 😊

Hey Molly,

Wow, what an amazing career path.

I have so many friends who have beautiful babies due to gifted embryologists.

From reading around it looks like STP is the main NHS path. Does the job advert for the technician role mention training?

It does also appear that usually those that get on the STP have a Masters already - that is worth considering.

Hope this helps and good luck 💖

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending