The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

HELP Durham Results Day Foundation Year

Hi, I got an email offering the join the foundation programme, but the language seemed as if it wasn't guaranteed, which I completely understand. I'm confused about the short interview , they said it's competitive and they may not have spaces for everyone. Does this mean they're going to ask me academic questions and why I deserve a spot and whatnot? If so should I prepare? Please lmk as the interview is meant to be in a few hours time. I thought I could relax but seems not lol.
Reply 1
Hello can someone reply this is urgent
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by myanchovies
Hello can someone reply this is urgent

Moved your thread to the Durham forum. Unfortunately I don't have any further insights than I had on the other thread, but good luck for your interview :smile:
Reply 3
i'm going to keep posting on this until i get a reply from someone other than lemur thank you lemur
Hey sorry if this is too late now but honestly it's nothing to worry about. I interviewed for a foundation year earlier this year myself and it's really conversational. It is competitive which is why they interview for it. The interviewers are lovely and it's really just making sure that the foundation year is suitable for you. They may ask about the grades that you got, why you want to do the course and be at Durham. I was also ridiculously nervous before mine and I knew about it for a few weeks so I can't imagine how nerve-racking this is but it flew by and passed really quickly.
Best of luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hey sorry if this is too late now but honestly it's nothing to worry about. I interviewed for a foundation year earlier this year myself and it's really conversational. It is competitive which is why they interview for it. The interviewers are lovely and it's really just making sure that the foundation year is suitable for you. They may ask about the grades that you got, why you want to do the course and be at Durham. I was also ridiculously nervous before mine and I knew about it for a few weeks so I can't imagine how nerve-racking this is but it flew by and passed really quickly.
Best of luck!

thank you so much! does anyone else know the time between the interview and the decision?
Reply 6
interviewing in 5 mins will update
Good Luck!!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Good Luck!!

thank you! interview was fine, felt very conversational. hopefully good news

Quick Reply

Latest