The Student Room Group

International Alevel compared to german abitur

Hi, I have international alevel results of A*,A*,A,B,B how would that convert into a german abitur
Original post by Luisll
Hi, I have international alevel results of A*,A*,A,B,B how would that convert into a german abitur

Oooh, let me have a little research and see if I can help

But WELL DONE ON THOSE RESULTS
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Oooh, let me have a little research and see if I can help

But WELL DONE ON THOSE RESULTS

Thanks so much 🙏🙏
Original post by Luisll

So I'm not sure you can convert your qualifications into another country's qualifications. But what IALs are of the same standard as the German Abitur in the European Qualification Framework
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
So I'm not sure you can convert your qualifications into another country's qualifications. But what IALs are of the same standard as the German Abitur in the European Qualification Framework

2-3 years ago my brother converted his ial grades into the german abitur to go to uni in germany, I was considering doing the same just in case I want to study in germany, but thanks I'll check out the other qualifications
Original post by Luisll
2-3 years ago my brother converted his ial grades into the german abitur to go to uni in germany, I was considering doing the same just in case I want to study in germany, but thanks I'll check out the other qualifications

So I *think* you'll apply to the uni in Germany with your international A Levels and they should be able to judge what it is equivalent too.
However, :tsr2: is a UK based site and we don't have many experts in the systems overseas. For the horse's mouth answer, you could contact a university in Germany directly.

@Saracen's Fez may be able to offer further assistance.
Original post by Luisll

Hi, I'm a bit confused do you have a university and subject in mind in Germany?

Generally you will apply to your German uni with your international A-level qualifications but if the German uni has an entry requirement for your course then you may need to know how your grades compare to the Abitur mark that they're requiring.

If this information isn't forthcoming on the uni's website, it might be worth contacting whoever in the uni's International Office is responsible for incoming students.
Reply 7
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Hi, I'm a bit confused do you have a university and subject in mind in Germany?

Generally you will apply to your German uni with your international A-level qualifications but if the German uni has an entry requirement for your course then you may need to know how your grades compare to the Abitur mark that they're requiring.

If this information isn't forthcoming on the uni's website, it might be worth contacting whoever in the uni's International Office is responsible for incoming students.

I wanted to study history, don't know yet whether in the uk or Germany, that's why I wanted to check, haven't heard of ant entry requirements yet
Original post by Luisll
I wanted to study history, don't know yet whether in the uk or Germany, that's why I wanted to check, haven't heard of ant entry requirements yet

If you can speak German (or want to try using machine translation!) then there's more info on (generic) entry requirements here to get the Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (university entrance): https://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/schulabschluesse-mit-hochschulzugang.html

Quick Reply

Latest