The Student Room Group

Cambridge Maths

Missed one of my step offers by 1 mark. I want to get it re-marked, but will this affect my chances in the summer pool?
Original post by superharrydude09
Missed one of my step offers by 1 mark. I want to get it re-marked, but will this affect my chances in the summer pool?

Cambridge usually extends its offers to students who narrowly misses out on STEP requirements, so you should most probably be fine!

Have you heard anything from Cambridge directly or via UCAS today? (What's the status of your application at the moment, basically?)

Maths was in the Reconsideration Pool earlier so it's plausible that they'll be amenable to taking near misses as well, but it would help to know what you've heard so far :smile:
I’ve heard nothing so far from Cambridge, and the ucas says waiting for confirmation just as before.
I called trinity undergraduate line, and they basically said I’m in the summer pool because I missed my offer.
I’ve heard nothing so far from Cambridge, and the ucas says waiting for confirmation just as before.

Ok, sounds like you're in the summer pool. This is taking place tomorrow, so you should hear back then! It's reasonably good news in that you still have a chance, but unfortunately you'll need to wait it out.

If you don't want to go to Cambridge and would rather go to your insurance, you can ask Cambridge to release you, but otherwise you'll need to sit tight!
Reply 6
Congratulations on what must have been an amazing set of results even though you didn't quite make your Trinity offer. And best of luck for the Summer Pool - I understand that a third of places for Maths go to students who missed their offer. Would you be happy to go to any college? I'd be interested in knowing the outcome tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending