The Student Room Group

Second nursing degree

I already have a degree in child nursing, but it was not for me, left the job and no longer hold registration.However, I have found a dual social work/learning disability nusing course that i think would be better. Can I get a second degree in this even if I hold another nursing degree
Reply 1
Original post by Julian36
I already have a degree in child nursing, but it was not for me, left the job and no longer hold registration.However, I have found a dual social work/learning disability nusing course that i think would be better. Can I get a second degree in this even if I hold another nursing degree

It's likely that you can, but it's also might be unnecessary? Depending on what age range you're looking to work with, you can get qualifications in LD nursing that don't require a whole other degree, but if you specifically want to be a social worker too then a second degree may be of interest to you, and you might even be presented with the option to possibly skip a year provided that you're already a qualified nurse... If anything, I'd recommend talking to some people in the LD field and asking their advice, i.e contact the course leader for a SW and LD nursing degree - they'll be able to advice you best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending