The Student Room Group

Allied Health Second Degree

Will I be able to receive full funding ie tuition fees and maintenance loan for what will be a second degree in BSc Speech and Language Therapy? My first degree was a BA in Eng and Sociology. Thank you for any help.
Original post by AK2023
Will I be able to receive full funding ie tuition fees and maintenance loan for what will be a second degree in BSc Speech and Language Therapy? My first degree was a BA in Eng and Sociology. Thank you for any help.

Hi there,

Is the course full time and when does it start?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Is the course full time and when does it start?

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes it’s full time 3 year undergraduate BSc Speech and Language Therapy starting September 2023.
Thanks
Original post by AK2023
Hi Jason,

Yes it’s full time 3 year undergraduate BSc Speech and Language Therapy starting September 2023.
Thanks

Hi there,

AHP and NHS courses will be exempt from previous study and ELQ rules. Therefore if they already hold a degree or have previous study they will still be eligible to access the full package of funding.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

AHP and NHS courses will be exempt from previous study and ELQ rules. Therefore if they already hold a degree or have previous study they will still be eligible to access the full package of funding.

Thanks,
Claire

That’s really helpful, thank you 😊
Original post by AK2023
That’s really helpful, thank you 😊

You're welcome. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Is there a list of degrees which are eligible for funding, if it's a second degree?
Original post by CookieMonster192
Is there a list of degrees which are eligible for funding, if it's a second degree?

Hi there,

This is our list of AHP Courses which you can be eligible to apply for:

Chiropody

Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)

Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)

Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)

Dietetics

Dietetics and nutrition

Midwifery (Degree Level)

Nursing (Degree Level)

Nursing and social work (Dual honours)

Occupational therapy

Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)

Orthoptics

Physiotherapy

Podiatry

Prosthetics and Orthotics

Radiography

Radiotherapy

Speech and language therapy

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending