The Student Room Group

Student loan help - undergraduate nursing!

Hi
I am just completing a certificate of higher education (first year of degree) if I do the second year and get a diploma (second year) can I then get a student loan for an undergraduate nursing degree. Essentially will student finance pay for a whole degree if I have a level 5 diploma already.
Original post by mollymoo!
Hi
I am just completing a certificate of higher education (first year of degree) if I do the second year and get a diploma (second year) can I then get a student loan for an undergraduate nursing degree. Essentially will student finance pay for a whole degree if I have a level 5 diploma already.

Hi there,

Yes, most Nursing degrees are exceptions, which means you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check this.

Thanks, Graeme
Hi

I wanted to do either children's nursing or midwifery at Salford University

Thanks, Molly
Original post by mollymoo!
Hi

I wanted to do either children's nursing or midwifery at Salford University

Thanks, Molly

Thanks, both of these courses are exceptions, though we'd recommend making an application to know for sure.

Just in case you didn't know, if your course begins this September or later you can make a 23/24 application online now.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks, both of these courses are exceptions, though we'd recommend making an application to know for sure. Just in case you didn't know, if your course begins this September or later you can make a 23/24 application online now. Thanks, Graeme
Hi Graeme,I am in a similar situation to the above but have only just found out that studying a DipHE would prevent using a SFE loan for undergrad degree.I hold a DipHE already and I am currently applying for 2025 Adult Nursing at Huddersfield University and Adult Nursing at Bradford University. Do you know if either of these fall within the exception? Thank you in advance for any adviceMelanie
Original post by MelanieShaw24
Hi Graeme,I am in a similar situation to the above but have only just found out that studying a DipHE would prevent using a SFE loan for undergrad degree.I hold a DipHE already and I am currently applying for 2025 Adult Nursing at Huddersfield University and Adult Nursing at Bradford University. Do you know if either of these fall within the exception? Thank you in advance for any adviceMelanie

Hi Melanie,

Nursing is one of our exception courses so we normally don't take into consideration your previous study. We don't have the courses yet for 2025 so you would need to wait till applications open then apply so we check this for you. Applications for September 2025 normally open March time. Keep an eye on our website and apply as soon as they open.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending