The Student Room Group

Reapplying or Clearing?

Hi, I’m entirely indecisive on what to do as I was expecting AAB and got ABB, was offered a place at Lancaster and Goldsmiths (neither of which are Russell Groups) to study Psychology. I’m not sure whether to reapply next year as I’m not too keen on either choices or if it will be a waste of a year as there’s no guarantee I’ll get in anywhere next year. What do I do?
Reply 1
making a decision about your undergrad based on whether its in the russell group isn't a very smart decision. on top of which, lancaster is good/well ranked university
Original post by sailili
Hi, I’m entirely indecisive on what to do as I was expecting AAB and got ABB, was offered a place at Lancaster and Goldsmiths (neither of which are Russell Groups) to study Psychology. I’m not sure whether to reapply next year as I’m not too keen on either choices or if it will be a waste of a year as there’s no guarantee I’ll get in anywhere next year. What do I do?

It it were me, I take the Lancaster offer. Just because a university isn't Russell Group, doesn't mean it's not worth going to.

Bath (one of the best universities in the country for Psychology) is not Russell Group. St. Andrews (again, excellent for Psychology) is not Russell Group.

How about Queen Mary University of London, University of Liverpool or Queens University Belfast? All Russell Group Universities, but not really top-tier for Psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest