The Student Room Group

I need your opinions on medical science

Hey, does medical science (undergrad) offer me a post grad radiography degree because I don’t wanna waste 9k. I want to be a radiographer but my firm uni gave me another course as it is quite competitive?
Original post by jae jae
Hey, does medical science (undergrad) offer me a post grad radiography degree because I don’t wanna waste 9k. I want to be a radiographer but my firm uni gave me another course as it is quite competitive?

Why have you firmed if you're unsure about the course? Did you get any offers from other unis for radiography?
Reply 2
Original post by jae jae
I want to be a radiographer

Then do Radiography.
Take a gap year, get a relevant job and reapply next year.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Why have you firmed if you're unsure about the course? Did you get any offers from other unis for radiography?

I had to apply for ucas extra
Original post by jae jae

If you want to work as a radiographer you need to do an appropriately accredited and approved course in radiography. You can't just do any random bioscience degree and expect that to qualify you to work in a specific allied health professional (AHP) field - that's not how it works.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
If you want to work as a radiographer you need to do an appropriately accredited and approved course in radiography. You can't just do any random bioscience degree and expect that to qualify you to work in a specific allied health professional (AHP) field - that's not how it works.

Alright, is it still possible to apply for clearing from the exact university?
Original post by jae jae

If a university didnt see it fit to make you an offer for the original application they arent likely to in clearing. Try elsewhere or take a gap year and reapply.
Original post by jae jae

As above if you were already rejected then it's unlikely, although if the course is available in clearing there's no harm in calling up on results day to see.
Original post by jae jae
I had to apply for ucas extra

Some unis offer diagnostic radiography with a foundation year. This might be an option for you if you've not had any offers from all of your choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending