The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Deferring Uni on medical grounds

I’ve been accepted into Reading Uni. However I now need to defer due to needing surgery with a recovery period of 4-6 months. What are the chances of Reading agreeing to the deferral? Worry is that I was accepted on lower grades than were required. I’ve completed a form requesting the deferral but haven’t heard back yet. My surgery is due on 30 Aug but I’m due to start on 18 Sept so not much time.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Email the Uni and ask.
Offer to send a doctor's letter etc if they need it.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Email the Uni and ask.
Offer to send a doctor's letter etc if they need it.

Will do - I am also going to call them rather than wait for them to deal with the online form. Thank you.
Original post by Musely
I’ve been accepted into Reading Uni. However I now need to defer due to needing surgery with a recovery period of 4-6 months. What are the chances of Reading agreeing to the deferral? Worry is that I was accepted on lower grades than were required. I’ve completed a form requesting the deferral but haven’t heard back yet. My surgery is due on 30 Aug but I’m due to start on 18 Sept so not much time.

Hey @Musely

Sorry to hear you're going to be having surgery and a long recovery - wishing you all the best for it!

I would agree with @McGinger's response and suggest emailing the admissions team on [email protected] or calling them on +44 (0) 118 378 8372 as they will be the best people to help you move forward with this enquiry.

Best of luck for your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending