The Student Room Group

What if I miss my KCL law offer?

I'm getting increasingly more anxious about missing my KCL law offer. I feel as though I did not do as well as I could've in my first exams, owing to anxiety and the fact I was sick the day before my very first exam (which I am still so annoyed about). I'm a home student, and if I miss my law offer, is there still some chance getting in? I need AAB (yes I know... low.) but I'm worried about even getting ABB. My LNAT was 35. Is there still some chance? Any previous years' students able to comment?
It ultimately comes down to a mixture of luck and persuasion, but it certainly is not unheard of for someone who narrowly missed their offer to still have a place (even at prestigious universities). If, come results day, you missed your offer, your best chance is calling them and explaining that you just missed the mark. Your LNAT score will certainly assist you in your argument.

Best of luck. :smile:
maybe try and turn your stress into revision.

I know from personal experience how stressful this experience can be. Like what's been mentioned above, on the day it can come down to luck on whether you get in or not if you are a near miss. I narrowly missed my offer (AAC instead of AAB) and got lucky that the course I applied for accepted me due to the second personal statement that I submitted. Unfortunately, I don't do law so can't give you specific advice but it seems like you have a good LNAT score so hopefully if you are a narrow miss there will still be a chance that kings will accept you.
Original post by 9e839q2
I'm getting increasingly more anxious about missing my KCL law offer. I feel as though I did not do as well as I could've in my first exams, owing to anxiety and the fact I was sick the day before my very first exam (which I am still so annoyed about). I'm a home student, and if I miss my law offer, is there still some chance getting in? I need AAB (yes I know... low.) but I'm worried about even getting ABB. My LNAT was 35. Is there still some chance? Any previous years' students able to comment?

As mentioned in the posts above, the best thing for you to do right now is revise for your remaining exams. If you end up narrowly missing your offer come results day, phone admissions and ask them if there's still space for you. Even though this course is very competitive, statistically, not everyone is going to meet their offer, so it's not over by any means :smile:
Contrary to the above advice, there's no point ringing them on the day. Unis get your results several days before you do. If they have spaces after accepting all those who met their requirements, they will consider near misses. You might get in via that process or you might get rejected.
There’s nothing you can do now. Who is your insurance choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending