The Student Room Group

Freshers Week

Apologies if this is a repeated question, I haven't checked the forum for a long time! US parent here, we got an email that move in is on October 1st. No other date for international students. Is there any events/orientation for parents during freshers week? In the US there is much more parent involvement, and i am trying to let go and follow the UK way! I want to know if we should stay after Oct 1st? right now our tickets is to return to the US on the 2nd.

Also, anyone has a list of what we will need to buy? I want to make sure we are ready for move in day!

Thank you
Original post by TheMom
Apologies if this is a repeated question, I haven't checked the forum for a long time! US parent here, we got an email that move in is on October 1st. No other date for international students. Is there any events/orientation for parents during freshers week? In the US there is much more parent involvement, and i am trying to let go and follow the UK way! I want to know if we should stay after Oct 1st? right now our tickets is to return to the US on the 2nd.

Also, anyone has a list of what we will need to buy? I want to make sure we are ready for move in day!

Thank you

Sorry that I cant be of much help: https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/new/firstweeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending