The Student Room Group

UNIVERSITY for medicine (foundation)

Is their an option that any university will accept me for Medicine with a foundation year.

I have my GCSE and i got:
•English language at grade 5
•Maths at grade 4
•Science a grade 44

Currently I'm going to college and I'm doing:
•BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in Applied Science
For my 1st year a got grade D which is distincrion overall

After college i will be doing A-levels but i will be doing it ONLINE
•I will be doing A-level Biology and Chemistry at the same time and the course will take less then 1 year.
Is it even possible for me doing A-levels and waste my time, when at the end of the day i won't get into medicine.

The universities i want to get into are:
•University of bristol
•University of Exeter
Original post by XGalaxy-0009
Is their an option that any university will accept me for Medicine with a foundation year.

I have my GCSE and i got:
•English language at grade 5
•Maths at grade 4
•Science a grade 44

Currently I'm going to college and I'm doing:
•BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in Applied Science
For my 1st year a got grade D which is distincrion overall

After college i will be doing A-levels but i will be doing it ONLINE
•I will be doing A-level Biology and Chemistry at the same time and the course will take less then 1 year.
Is it even possible for me doing A-levels and waste my time, when at the end of the day i won't get into medicine.

The universities i want to get into are:
•University of bristol
•University of Exeter

are you eligible for contextual criteria?
Medicine with foundation year/gateway year courses are normally for those meeting specific widening participation criteria. You will need to check on each university's website what their specific criteria are for their course, as they will be different at each uni.
Reply 3
Original post by reubenn05
are you eligible for contextual criteria?

Yes
Original post by XGalaxy-0009
Yes

for bristol foundation year you only need 4s in eng lang and maths. see which other schools you are eligible for as you should apply to 4 to maximise your chance of getting an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by reubenn05
for bristol foundation year you only need 4s in eng lang and maths. see which other schools you are eligible for as you should apply to 4 to maximise your chance of getting an offer.

Ok
thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending