The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 1 8035/1 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Geography Paper 1 go?

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 1 8035/1 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 23rd May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mythical Pingu

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 1 2240765 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 23rd May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

any tips on how to complete the whole paper in 1h 30min without killing your hand?
Original post by alberw21
any tips on how to complete the whole paper in 1h 30min without killing your hand?

Not sure they have detailed exactly how to save your hand, but we've worked with AQA to create some top tips for smashing your AQA Geography exam, worth checking them out here!
Original post by alberw21

honestly, to write quickly, you have to be able to recall the information fast. so, just learn all the content really. then you can respond to a question easily. most of the time, i complete the paper within an hour and still get 9's. sorry if this advice is not the best, that's what i do
also, practice writing regularly like you would practice typing. its an essential skill for all exams
how do u actually revise for this exam? i literally have no clue and itd help w some advicesdo i do practice papers for it? do i memeorize all the key facts?do i need to know all the facts and figures for the case studies (e.g. the close deatil about the Nepal and Chile eqs?)do i revise through seneca?are A3 memory sheets useful?
How did it go today guys?
Reply 7
Wow that was a great paper!
Reply 8
That test was sooooo esay
Original post by Evil Homer

It went really well actually!
Congratulations guys it sounds like it went well!
Smashed it!
Original post by Evil Homer

Really good paper
(edited 1 year ago)
lol everyone is saying they smashed it, do you think the grade boundaries will go up?

Also, what did you get for the two features of the storm question?
Reply 14
I said alm inner eye, and prescence of corriolois effect
Original post by SnowyPanda
lol everyone is saying they smashed it, do you think the grade boundaries will go up?

Also, what did you get for the two features of the storm question?

Rotating anti clockwise and has an eye in the centre
Original post by DKRK
I said alm inner eye, and prescence of corriolois effect

what if i said eyewall?
Reply 17
I think that should be fine as well since it is a characteristics of the storm
Reply 18
Even then it was only a two marker so don't worry about it
Original post by DKRK
Even then it was only a two marker so don't worry about it

and you know on the first six marker on the section about coasts with the picture, I aint sure but could I talk about groynes and beach nourishment, for e.g

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending