The Student Room Group

Summer assignments for fine art at Loughborough

I just got accepted into Loughborough Uni and today I got an email about the assignments I have to complete before I start the course. I'm a bit freaked out because I just saw that I need to proved 41 pieces of artwork by the end of September. In the email it says that we need to complete the work 'over the summer', did I receive the email late? Any tips on how I can get this all finished in time? thanks
Original post by Gregor05
I just got accepted into Loughborough Uni and today I got an email about the assignments I have to complete before I start the course. I'm a bit freaked out because I just saw that I need to proved 41 pieces of artwork by the end of September. In the email it says that we need to complete the work 'over the summer', did I receive the email late? Any tips on how I can get this all finished in time? thanks

Hi @Gregor05,

I wanted to message and say that if you have any questions about the work involved, I would use the email at the bottom of the Fine Art BA course page here and speak to your department.

I hope this helps :smile:

- Lindsay
Reply 2
Original post by Gregor05

Hi! I am going to Loughborough Uni soon too for Fine arts and I got the same email last week too. One tip I would say is try get (around 5) drawings done each day if possible, because the task that we were given isn’t supposed to be taxing, just experimentation. I recommend you re-read and print out the email and stick it on a wall or highlight some bits of it. Next week I plan on doing the cats project we were given, so I suggest you do that too. This is only a fun task, I am sure the lecturer only wants to see where we are at with our skills :smile:
Reply 3
Hi! I actually ended up doing around 5 a day after all, not as taxing as I thought it would be. Thankfully I’ve only got to do another 3 and then I’m done. I’ve not actually met anyone on the same course as me yet so I look forward to hopefully meeting you in person! Good luck with the cat :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest