The Student Room Group

Zero offers still

I’m applying for architecture and I submitted my ucas back in early December and my chosen courses, except one which is Bath, need a portfolio (Cardiff, Nottingham, Loughborough, Reading) which I have also submitted all quite a while ago too. I’m getting anxious because I haven’t heard back from any unis for a while and have been hearing about others who applied for the same courses get offers already. I’m thinking that it’s because I’m not a top student (only predicted AAA) and don’t take A level art (maths, physics and economics) but I do qualify for contextual offers from some like Bath because I have an A* EPQ. I’m also doubting my portfolio because I did the entire of it by myself without any support from art teachers so I fear it’s behind the standard they want.
I’d appreciate any advice :smile:

Edit: Got an offer from my first choice right after the deadline :biggrin:
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is possible some unis will be waiting until the UCAS deadline 31st Jan before making further offers.Maybe ask this on the architecture applicants thread and you may get more informed replies.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
You’re not alone! I applied early December too (to Bath, Nottingham, Loughborough, UCL and Sheffield). I’m getting worried too since people recently got interviews and I still haven’t heard back from any uni
Original post by Tilly 2006
I’m applying for architecture and I submitted my ucas back in early December and my chosen courses, except one which is Bath, need a portfolio (Cardiff, Nottingham, Loughborough, Reading) which I have also submitted all quite a while ago too. I’m getting anxious because I haven’t heard back from any unis for a while and have been hearing about others who applied for the same courses get offers already. I’m thinking that it’s because I’m not a top student (only predicted AAA) and don’t take A level art (maths, physics and economics) but I do qualify for contextual offers from some like Bath because I have an A* EPQ. I’m also doubting my portfolio because I did the entire of it by myself without any support from art teachers so I fear it’s behind the standard they want.

Hey ! Dont worry it isn't about grades I have AAB for eg. and have had all my offers back bc I applied really early, they will be having an influx of submissions as it nears the deadline, Dont worry, you'll be completely okay <3333
They have until May. It's not even the end of January.

Don't sweat it.
Reply 5
Architecture at top Unis is competitive. It takes a while to wade through all the applications.

Yes, its frustrating, but 'no news' is common at this point.
Try not to let it get to you.
Have you looked into/applied for some Foundation Diploma in Art & Design courses as a backup option? That’s a great way to boost your creative skills and your portfolio as well as gaining an additional recognised qualification. Excellent preparation for studying architecture at top universities, especially if you haven’t studied art/design at A level.

There’s and FAQ thread at the top of the art and design forum
Reply 7
Good info about the Foundation Diploma in Art & Design course - Art & Design Foundation Diplomas (Art foundation) (thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk)

And I'd echo the advice above - if you dont get an offer this time around, its vey much worth doing an Art Foundation, as you get access to all the right teaching, facilities and expertise to compile a good portfolio.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Have you looked into/applied for some Foundation Diploma in Art & Design courses as a backup option? That’s a great way to boost your creative skills and your portfolio as well as gaining an additional recognised qualification. Excellent preparation for studying architecture at top universities, especially if you haven’t studied art/design at A level.

There’s and FAQ thread at the top of the art and design forum

Yeah I have, that’s plan B if I don’t get into any this year. Thank you

Hi @Tilly 2006,

Great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

You're welcome to contact our Admissions Office by emailing [email protected] if you have any concerns about your application and they can help you :smile:

Lindsay
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Amelie Treacy
Hey ! Dont worry it isn't about grades I have AAB for eg. and have had all my offers back bc I applied really early, they will be having an influx of submissions as it nears the deadline, Dont worry, you'll be completely okay <3333

May I ask where u applied? I got the same grades but I'm worried it's a bit low for some unis. I'm doing a foundation and contextual offer and bath/nottingham confirmed I can still be considered, but I'm anxious lol
Reply 11

Hi I've applied for similar universities, and still haven't got any replies, have you interviewed yet? and who gave you an offer?

Hi Tilly
Congrats on your offer! Where is it for? Just FYI my daughter is predicted A*AA and has applied to 3 of your choices for Architecture (Reading, Nott and Bath) and has only heard (got offer) from Reading so far. It must be very time consuming to go through all those portfolios! I know from previous years that Bath has been very slow in other subjects. Good luck - AAA are fabulous grades (nothing 'only' about that!) and you would certainly be a top student if you got those, so don't worry!
Reply 13
Hi, have you heard any more? It’s long waiting isn’t it!! Waiting on Cardiff, ucl, Loughborough. Manchester and Sheffield still!!
Had an interview at Loughborough but not heard anything back yet.

Dont give up hope. No rejection yet!
Reply 14
heyy, ive gotten an offer from 3 of my choices including nottingham which is my top but still waiting on Cardiff and UAL
Reply 15
Original post by MOSZ
Hi, have you heard any more? It’s long waiting isn’t it!! Waiting on Cardiff, ucl, Loughborough. Manchester and Sheffield still!!

Hey could I ask about the timelines from applying to hearing bout the interview for lboro? I applied just before Christmas and still haven’t heard back… :frown:
Original post by parrot05
Hey could I ask about the timelines from applying to hearing bout the interview for lboro? I applied just before Christmas and still haven’t heard back… :frown:

Hi @parrot05,

I've read your comment on this and wanted to say that it's fantastic to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

I can't comment on what you've mentioned specifically as I'm not best placed to, but I would speak to our Admissions Office by emailing [email protected] if you are concerned about your application. They will be able to help you further and look into your application 🙂

In the meantime, if you have any questions about studying at or living in Loughborough, please do let us know - we'd be happy to help 🙂

Lindsay
Reply 17
Original post by danny_me
heyy, ive gotten an offer from 3 of my choices including nottingham which is my top but still waiting on Cardiff and UAL

Update, I got an offer from Cardiff so I’m just waiting on UAL
Reply 18
Original post by MOSZ

Hi, I have an offer from Cardiff and Nottingham now too but nothing from Loughborough or bath. Goodluck on your application!
Reply 19
Original post by Ruby_slippers
Hi Tilly
Congrats on your offer! Where is it for? Just FYI my daughter is predicted A*AA and has applied to 3 of your choices for Architecture (Reading, Nott and Bath) and has only heard (got offer) from Reading so far. It must be very time consuming to go through all those portfolios! I know from previous years that Bath has been very slow in other subjects. Good luck - AAA are fabulous grades (nothing 'only' about that!) and you would certainly be a top student if you got those, so don't worry!

Hi and thank you! Sorry for the late response but I now have offers from Cardiff and and Nottingham so far. Still nothing from reading since the interview or bath either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending