The Student Room Group

Official: Edge Hill University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the Edge Hill University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/medicine/

For entry requirements click:
https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/course/me...iteria-section

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hi I got 2760 B1, AAA achieved, I was wondering if it’s worth a shot?
I can see for 2021/22 entry the average was about 2725 for home students for 5 yr, and the 6yr one was 2486 albeit a little outdated.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admissions_statistics_a100_and_a_6
Reply 2
Original post by 2026_helia
Hi I got 2760 B1, AAA achieved, I was wondering if it’s worth a shot?
I can see for 2021/22 entry the average was about 2725 for home students for 5 yr, and the 6yr one was 2486 albeit a little outdated.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admissions_statistics_a100_and_a_6

You are above any cut off they have ever had, but do bear in mind they only have 15 places, so cut offs may be subject to swings due to small numbers xx
Original post by GANFYD
You are above any cut off they have ever had, but do bear in mind they only have 15 places, so cut offs may be subject to swings due to small numbers xx

Thank you (:
Reply 4
2690 B2
3 A* predicted in bio chem maths
is it worth a shot? was told to have a look at it, how does their selection work?
Reply 5
(Original post by GANFYD)You are above any cut off they have ever had, but do bear in mind they only have 15 places, so cut offs may be subject to swings due to small numbers xx

Wait , they only have 15 places for home applicants??
Reply 6
Original post by mndcsnkj
(Original post by GANFYD)You are above any cut off they have ever had, but do bear in mind they only have 15 places, so cut offs may be subject to swings due to small numbers xx

Wait , they only have 15 places for home applicants??

Yes, though the intake from the previous year's foundation course also join them, which I think is another 15
Reply 7
2022 AAC Bio Psych Chem
2023 I resat chem and brought it up to an A.

UCAT 2750 Band 1

is edge hill worth a shot? I’m nervous applying here and feel like i’ll waste a space because of them only having 15 spaces and my UCAT isn’t high enough to be safe.

I’ve combed through all the medical schools and I can’t even fill up the 4 choices because of my AAC grades the first time, and my UCAT not being really really high.

Plymouth and Southampton are pretty much out of reach for me because of my UCAT not being high enough too. So is Nottingham and Sheffield.

HYMS , Anglia Ruskin and Lincoln i’ve emailed if they will accept my AAC grades the first time round…
HYMS - BBB at first Anglia ruskin : BBB at first (WP)
Lincoln: ABB at first
Feeling pretty hopeless. So far I’ve got Aston and Keele as the only places where I can apply .
Reply 8
Do you know what the ucat cutoff was for last year or what it may be this year? @GANFYD
Reply 9
Original post by Mushimedic
Do you know what the ucat cutoff was for last year or what it may be this year? @GANFYD

It was 2640 last year. I have no idea for this year, but it has steadily climbed in recent years, like most places.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by GANFYD
It was 2640 last year. I have no ide for this year, but it has steadily climbed in recent years, like most places.

Thank you very much
Is the Caspar exam compulsory for applicants this year or is it optional?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 12
Hi does Edge Hill look at SJT band? I got band 3
Original post by NIKGeo
Hey are there 50 places this year?

yes, this year's application cycle, so 2024 entry
I haven’t received an email of acknowledgment, should I be worried ?
does anyone know when we have to book our casper tests by ?
Original post by TheOneAndOnly...
Is the Caspar exam compulsory for applicants this year or is it optional?

pretty sure it is compulsory
What is the caspar test? Not seen anything about this? Is it for home applicatants?
Original post by rosaaaaaaaaa
pretty sure it is compulsory

I emailed them and they confirmed it is not compulsory
Original post by reubenn05
yes, this year's application cycle, so 2024 entry

I emailed them: there are 25 places for the foundation course, and 25 for standard 5 year course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending