The Student Room Group

Gcse art help

Hi so I'm predicted a 7 almost am 8 rn and I was wondering what I needed to do to get a grade 9 my yr 10 book isn't that good and after seeing all those tik tok grade 9 I feel like I'll never get a 9 I'm about to finish my second theme before moving to my exam project should I add more to my first theme in yr 10 even tho I've already done my final piece?
Reply 1
Original post by dianaemerald03
Hi so I'm predicted a 7 almost am 8 rn and I was wondering what I needed to do to get a grade 9 my yr 10 book isn't that good and after seeing all those tik tok grade 9 I feel like I'll never get a 9 I'm about to finish my second theme before moving to my exam project should I add more to my first theme in yr 10 even tho I've already done my final piece?

Hi, I've just started my A-levels and I did Art for GCSE. I actually didn't do that well in it (it was my worst GCSE); I got a 6. However two of my friends also did it and they both got 9s. For the friend who got a 9 who was in my class, she always made sure her work covered all of the assessment objectives (whereas I didn't always do that) - so if you're doing AQA this would be my main advice. If you don't know the assessment objectives, look them up, but AO1 is like record etc. (e.g. observational drawings, artist studies I think), AO3 is experimentation etc. So basically for your work, just make sure you have a decent amount of work for each AO, and make sure your final piece uses aspects of all the AOs (e.g. styles of artists you've done studies on, techniques you've experimented with). From what I've seen of the grading of my cohort, the grade you got really depended on how well you covered the AOs and also the amount of work you had, rather than necessarily the amount of skill/talent you have. So, try and produce as much work as you can, for example, if your teacher says you can choose to do one or two observational drawings, try to do two. Essentially, the more work you have, and the better it covers all the assessment objectives, the better you'll do.
Unfortunately this didn't work out too well for me, as I pretty much did the bare minimum amount of work and was missing some pieces for different AOs.

Best of luck with art (and your other subjects) and if you have any other questions about GCSE Art I can do my best to answer them!
hi i recently got my question as i do product design which comes under (art and design assesment) and out of all i considerd doing either storage, spaces and places, fragments, celebration. please help me to pick one, also i will have to make a 3d working piece so any ideas will be appreciated thank yo. please help me asap.

Quick Reply

Latest