The Student Room Group

Calculator

Hi guys. I’ve got a new calculator for A-level and am not sure what this cell (pictured to the right) is for. Do I need to pop it into the calculator for use when the solar cell at the top doesn’t work? F52479C5-1FD7-4C21-96BB-CAF96E200102.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
I've got one of those (I've just finished A levels). Never seen that cell before in my life tho. Those calculators have a battery in them so they work without the solar cell (maybe that battery is the one that's supposed to be inside the calculator lol).

Maybe try covering the cell and using the calculator for a bit to see if it turns off. If it does then that battery is probably supposed to be inside the calculator.
Reply 2
Original post by Ravagenw
I've got one of those (I've just finished A levels). Never seen that cell before in my life tho. Those calculators have a battery in them so they work without the solar cell (maybe that battery is the one that's supposed to be inside the calculator lol).

Maybe try covering the cell and using the calculator for a bit to see if it turns off. If it does then that battery is probably supposed to be inside the calculator.

Ah great thank you! Hoping you did well in your A-levels and good luck for whatever you do next!
Reply 3
Original post by subbhy
Ah great thank you! Hoping you did well in your A-levels and good luck for whatever you do next!

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest