The Student Room Group

Medicine at Oxford, are my grades good enough? Lol

I want to apply to Oxford for medicine. I got five 9s and five 8s at GCSE and predicted A*AA. One thing that annoys me is my C in Core Maths, which I am re taking next year. Do you think it would affect my application massively? My personal statement includes all the W.E and volunteering I did which was a fair amount and I’m determined to get just above average in BMAT, but idk.
Reply 1
Original post by Rinzah
I want to apply to Oxford for medicine Oxford. I got five 9s and five 8s at GCSE and predicted A*AA. One thing that annoys me is my C in Core Maths, which I am re taking next year. Do you think it would affect my application massively? My personal statement includes all the W.E and volunteering I did which was a fair amount and I’m determined to get just above average in BMAT, but idk.

Oxford don’t differentiate between 8s and 9s at GCSE so you have 10 grade 8/9 GCSEs which is good. You have achieved the minimum requirement of a C in maths and have predicted grades of the standard offer so whether or not you are shortlisted will come down to the BMAT. Definitely worth a shot.
Reply 2
Thank you! That’s increased my confidence a lot :smile:Original post by CAG575)Oxford don’t differentiate between 8s and 9s at GCSE so you have 10 grade 8/9 GCSEs which is good. You have achieved the minimum requirement of a C in maths and have predicted grades of the standard offer so whether or not you are shortlisted will come down to the BMAT. Definitely worth a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending