The Student Room Group

4 Gcses? Help needed! >∆<

Hello guys, a little worried. Just got my GCSE results and I did well and passed everything except my maths. For reference, looking to get into Sixth Form where they expect the usual drill of 5 of them at A-C grades to be admitted.

GCSES:
English A
History A
LLW B
Art C*

And the final three are level 2 certificates you can only pass or fail, which I passed (yay!)
NCFE/OCN:
SA Science
Music
Photography

So, does this count as me only having 4 gcses or would these equivalents save me? Do I need to redo my maths immediately and/or take another GCSE? Thanks
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by cast-iron-behemo
Hello guys, a little worried. Just got my GCSE results and I did well and passed everything except my maths. For reference, looking to get into Sixth Form where they expect the usual drill of 5 of them at A-C grades to be admitted.

GCSES:
English A
History A
LLW B
Art C*

And the final three are level 2 certificates you can only pass or fail, which I passed (yay!)
NCFE/OCN:
SA Science
Music
Photography

So, does this count as me only having 4 gcses or would these equivalents save me? Do I need to redo my maths immediately and/or take another GCSE? Thanks

Whether the college considers the Level 2s as GCSEs or equivalent would depend on the individual college - the criteria is set by the individual colleges.

Maths is unfortunately a requirement along with English. If you don't have at least a grade C in Maths, you would need to resit it. Usually if the college sees enough potential in you and the subjects you picked aren't particularly disadvantageous towards yourself, they might let it slip but still require you to do GCSE Maths alongside your studies in the first year. However, this is more of a judgement call for them.

If they don't, you would need to resit your GCSE before you can enroll onto your A Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest