The Student Room Group

need to repeat year 12

hi, I had a terrible yr 12 and now been encouraged to find another school. I want a fresh start at a new school. is this possible. my old secondary school where I studied up.to yr 11 say they do not take repeat students. I'm keen to return there, so don't know what to do next and time is running out.
Original post by Julie Roberts
hi, I had a terrible yr 12 and now been encouraged to find another school. I want a fresh start at a new school. is this possible. my old secondary school where I studied up.to yr 11 say they do not take repeat students. I'm keen to return there, so don't know what to do next and time is running out.

You've mentioned two schools. The one which has been encouraging you to find a new school, and your old secondary school (who don't take repeat students).

What other schools or colleges are in the area? You need to start calling around those.

Ordinarily I'd suggest you not succumb to the pressure from your current school to move on (they can't force you to leave), but the fact that you've said "I want a fresh start at a new school" means that approach makes little sense.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You've mentioned two schools. The one which has been encouraging you to find a new school, and your old secondary school (who don't take repeat students).

What other schools or colleges are in the area? You need to start calling around those.

Ordinarily I'd suggest you not succumb to the pressure from your current school to move on (they can't force you to leave), but the fact that you've said "I want a fresh start at a new school" means that approach makes little sense.

thanks. appreciate you taking time to reply. Do you know if most schools will apply a no repeat policy?
Original post by Julie Roberts
thanks. appreciate you taking time to reply. Do you know if most schools will apply a no repeat policy?

I don't know, I'm afraid. If you want to avoid calling around a load of local schools / colleges, you could try checking their web sites first. There'll likely be some "admission policy" documents buried in there somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending