The Student Room Group

how do i convince my teacher to let me take further maths A-level

hi so basically i got an 8 in maths and to take further maths u need a 9 and my school has been rejecting people from taking it if they got an 8 saying they have not met the requirements so im writing an email to convince them to let me take it but i dont know what to write, help
Original post by your_fangirl
hi so basically i got an 8 in maths and to take further maths u need a 9 and my school has been rejecting people from taking it if they got an 8 saying they have not met the requirements so im writing an email to convince them to let me take it but i dont know what to write, help

In the old grading system, A = 7, A* = 8/9. There is very little difference in mathematical ability between a 8 and 9. To show your dedication to further maths, say you are willing to self teach further maths AS Level and take the AS exam as a private candidate. How will your self teach?
https://www.ocr.org.uk/blog/studying-a-level-further-mathematics-at-home/
This is a guide
Hopefully, your school will see your dedication and let you on the course.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by your_fangirl

Additionally, say you are willing to purchase the further maths textbook

Quick Reply

Latest