The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Welcome to The University of Central Lancashire!

IMG_Stock-studentcentreroof-108.jpg

A warm welcome to UCLan! 🌹

This thread is a place for those starting with us soon to ask any questions you may have. As you prepare to join us soon, have you had chance to visit our welcome page? It's the best place to discover what you need to do before starting on our campuses.

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have in this thread and we'd be happy to help answer! 😊

We're so excited to welcome all our new students onto campus soon! 💕
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi everyone!

I'm Rebecca, one of the current 4th year medical students at UCLan. We can't wait to see everyone during welcome week this year - make sure to make the most of the freebies and discounts that are on offer!

If you have any questions about life at UCLan, what to expect when you get here or any general queries, feel free to pop them below and I will get back to you!

- Rebecca
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hi! I’m joining UCLan for MSc Speech and Language Therapy, and was just wondering how long it roughly takes to receive your student card once you’ve submitted a picture? I submitted my picture almost 3 weeks ago, and I’m leaving for Preston on Monday but have yet to receive my card, so I’m scared I’m going to miss it! 😬
Original post by rhianerin21
Hi! I’m joining UCLan for MSc Speech and Language Therapy, and was just wondering how long it roughly takes to receive your student card once you’ve submitted a picture? I submitted my picture almost 3 weeks ago, and I’m leaving for Preston on Monday but have yet to receive my card, so I’m scared I’m going to miss it! 😬

Hi there @rhianerin21,

Great to hear that you will be studying MSc Speech and Language Therapy here at UCLan. 🌹

We can't wait to welcome you to campus soon! 🎉

Most ID cards should be posted out by the end of next week. You can also collected your student ID card on campus so please don't worry.

If you want to send us a direct message with your full name and student ID number then I can have a look into this for you.

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for this! I have sent you across a message 😊
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @rhianerin21,

Great to hear that you will be studying MSc Speech and Language Therapy here at UCLan. 🌹

We can't wait to welcome you to campus soon! 🎉

Most ID cards should be posted out by the end of next week. You can also collected your student ID card on campus so please don't worry.

If you want to send us a direct message with your full name and student ID number then I can have a look into this for you.

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by rhianerin21
Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for this! I have sent you across a message 😊

Hi there @rhianerin21, 😊

Glad I was able to help. We look forward to welcoming you onto campus very soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Are you starting with us soon? 🌹

Before beginning your studies, please ensure you have completed your online course enrolment. This will confirm your status as a student at the University of Central Lancashire enabling you to access all University services. 💻

Find out more here:

IMG_Stock-harrsocial-122.jpg
Are you joining us in a few weeks time? 🌹

The thought of making friends at University doesn't have to feel so scary. One of our students Nicol-Stella realised this when starting her studies at UCLan 3 years ago. After making a conscious effort to chat to people wherever possible, she found course mates to go to lunch with, or friends to grab a coffee with before lectures

Read some more tips on making friends at uni from Nicol-Stella here:
Reply 8
Where can I collect my student ID card from? Do I use this to get into buildings?
Original post by Rhirhi2000
Where can I collect my student ID card from? Do I use this to get into buildings?

Hi there @Rhirhi2000, :smile:

How are you?

Thank you for your question, yes your student ID card will give you full access to all of our facilities, including the library and sport centre. You can enquire about collecting your student ID card at the library or you can contact our LIS team by email at [email protected].

I hope this help, let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,
Sarah
We are very excited to welcome all our new students starting this month!

To make your transition to university as smooth as possible, head over to our dedicated welcome page for helpful tips and advice, there's even a handy check list to make sure you have everything covered before you join us. 🌹

If you're starting with us this month and worried about getting lost why not bookmarking our maps to make navigating your way around our campuses easier. 😊

Burnley
Preston
Westlakes

Why not introduce yourself and do let us know if you have any questions about life here at UCLan 👋

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending