The Student Room Group

revision

I really need help because I literally have no clue how to revise and I mean not revising worked for my GCSEs as I just got my results and got all 7s and 8s but I know it would be incredibly stupid of me to do the same thing for my Alevels so could someone please give me some advice.
Reply 1
Hi I am going into year 13 and have just completed my As exams so hopefully I can help! I made a few mistakes with revision looking back.
1. Start early. I don’t mean doing hours every night but keeping on top of the topics so you’ve got a high-quality set of notes - I should’ve made much more of an effort to do this as a month before exams I was too stressed.
2. Experiment with different ways of revising like blurting, flash cards etc. For me a mix of techniques works best so i don’t get as bored as quick.
3. Do past papers straight away. My plan for AS exams was to learn everything thoroughly and then do past papers but in the end I wasted too much time on trying to learn through notes and only doing one exam paper for some subjects. I also found that I was learning through past papers anyway.
Reply 2
Thank you so much! I will definitely be trying those methods. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending