The Student Room Group

College & Career Choices

I’m about to start my college course, I’m doing a level 3 health & social work triple diploma & a level sociology, psychology & level 3 criminology diploma. I know it’s a lot but I’m doing it all, with the option of an extra year if I am not ready! My problem is I have no clue what I want to be, I don’t want to be a social worker. I don’t have any interest in science so nothing forensic….
Reply 1
Original post by Kacyyyyciara
I’m about to start my college course, I’m doing a level 3 health & social work triple diploma & a level sociology, psychology & level 3 criminology diploma. I know it’s a lot but I’m doing it all, with the option of an extra year if I am not ready! My problem is I have no clue what I want to be, I don’t want to be a social worker. I don’t have any interest in science so nothing forensic….

You have plenty of time and will find you may gravitate towards something in time especially in your studies. Even if you go onto do a degree in your favourite subject from A-Levels.

My advice would be to look at professional jobs vacancies on Indeed and such and see what really speaks and excites you. Also speaking to a career advisor really helps and your college/Sixth Form will definitely have a service available for this.

You don’t necessarily need to something in relation to your future career at A-Level.
Sociology specifically is a very broad subject even after degree you can go onto do a lot like Marketing, Research, HR, Working for a charity even just administrative roles.
A lot of people go into roles after their degree that have nothing to do with their degree. If you really can’t workout what you want to do keeping your options as broad is a good thing like going into a business degree or a apprenticeship within a business with opportunities to work in different departments further down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest