The Student Room Group

Brampton NCS

Hi, i am choosing between ncs and brampton sixth form. the subjects i would like to choose is maths, bio, chem and i would like to do medicine in the future. i have been accepted to both schools and i wanted to know from current/ex-students or anyone who knows about any of those schools about how they overall found their schools. many thanks
Reply 1
When I went to the taster day at NCS, I found it really good and i loved the building and especially the teachers. I heard from students that studied over there that it is extremely stressful but everyone is in the same boat. I personally really liked NCS and I could tell that the teachers are beyond passionate about the subjects. I did hear great things about Brampton and that it's the rival of NCS but i don't know much, I haven't been to the open day.
Reply 2
Would NCS accept someone with a grade 7 in bio chem and maths? The entry requirement says minimum 8-9 but I was 1 mark away from an 8 in chem and 2 marks away from an 8 in maths and 7 marks away from an 8 bio. I am getting them remarked but I'm just afraid it might take long and enrolment has started but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Zafirah2
Would NCS accept someone with a grade 7 in bio chem and maths? The entry requirement says minimum 8-9 but I was 1 mark away from an 8 in chem and 2 marks away from an 8 in maths and 7 marks away from an 8 bio. I am getting them remarked but I'm just afraid it might take long and enrolment has started but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

unfortunately, given the demand, the chances are low. did u apply to brampton?
Reply 4
When I went to the taster day at NCS, I found it really good and i loved the building and especially the teachers. I heard from students that studied over there that it is extremely stressful but everyone is in the same boat. I personally really liked NCS and I could tell that the teachers are beyond passionate about the subjects. I did hear great things about Brampton and that it's the rival of NCS but i don't know much, I haven't been to the open day.

ok thanks for your reply, so what sixth form are you going to?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous48
unfortunately, given the demand, the chances are low. did u apply to brampton?

Ah I see, thank you for your reply. I didn't apply to Brampton before because it didn't let me create an account due to my age. I came from a different country last year that had a different education system so I am a year older than everyone else. However, Brampton said on their website that you can email us on results day and we will see if they have any available spaces. So I emailed them but I haven't gotten any reply.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous48
ok thanks for your reply, so what sixth form are you going to?

I'm still not too sure. If NCS and Brampton don't accept me then I'm going to Harris Riverside in purfleet probably as it's the closest best school in my area. Not as good as NCS but it's my only last choice i guess.
Reply 7
I'm still not too sure. If NCS and Brampton don't accept me then I'm going to Harris Riverside in purfleet probably as it's the closest best school in my area. Not as good as NCS but it's my only last choice i guess.

oh ok, do you know anyone that will be going to brampton/ncs? and what school do they think is better? many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending