The Student Room Group

Excel - urgent help!!

I am currently undergoing a project for work and need some assistance urgently on how to create an appropriate formula, explained in a way that I can understand haha!

Pretty much, I am making a spreadsheet which will be used to audit areas. All of the questions that I have added are to be answered with a Yes, No or N/A drop down list.

For each category, I wanted to have a 'Total compliance' percentage that didn't count the N/A if that's possible? Then at the end of the audit, I wanted another percentage that showed the total compliance across all sections.

Can someone help? Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by victoriaa.02
I am currently undergoing a project for work and need some assistance urgently on how to create an appropriate formula, explained in a way that I can understand haha!

Pretty much, I am making a spreadsheet which will be used to audit areas. All of the questions that I have added are to be answered with a Yes, No or N/A drop down list.

For each category, I wanted to have a 'Total compliance' percentage that didn't count the N/A if that's possible? Then at the end of the audit, I wanted another percentage that showed the total compliance across all sections.

Can someone help? Thank you!

You can use countif to count the number of Yes and add countif for the number of No or total minus number of N/A
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
You can use countif to count the number of Yes and add countif for the number of No or total minus number of N/A

Hi, sorry for the late response. Take me as a complete newbie to Excel, I'm not too sure what you mean by this answer :s-smilie:. I have a bunch of questions which are answered by Y, N or N/A. How do I get a formula that creates a percentage of 'Y' answers, whilst also ignoring the N/A as part of the data?
Reply 3
Original post by victoriaa.02
Hi, sorry for the late response. Take me as a complete newbie to Excel, I'm not too sure what you mean by this answer :s-smilie:. I have a bunch of questions which are answered by Y, N or N/A. How do I get a formula that creates a percentage of 'Y' answers, whilst also ignoring the N/A as part of the data?

Use the countif function ... = countif[range, condition ] e.g = COUNTIF(C3:C41, "Y")

Once you know the total of Y and N you can turn it into a percentage of all the replies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending