The Student Room Group

Rejected due to a single grade lower than required in Maths GCSE

Really didn't expect unis to be too strict on a GCSE grade especially when I exceed the A Level requirements :/ Any help or suggestions?
Did you meet the requirements for your insurance?
Reply 2
What uni course and did you take Maths A-level? What level did you need? If you exceeded grades look at adjustment or clearing? Call the university and ask them to reconsider
Reply 3
If your offer was dependant on a GCSE resit you wont have received your GCSE grade yet.
Original post by itwillbeokay
Really didn't expect unis to be too strict on a GCSE grade especially when I exceed the A Level requirements :/ Any help or suggestions?

Unis are generally much stricter with GCSE requirements than A level ones. Did you get an offer requiring GCSE maths at a higher grade originally? Did you resit GCSE maths this year?
Original post by itwillbeokay

Not meeting a GCSE Maths requirement is the most common reason for rejection. Usually you wont get an offer if you dont meet it. This usually applies to subjects like Psychology, economics, business, computer science and engineering. There is no leeway irrespective of A level grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending