The Student Room Group

What to do if you fail a GCSE resit

My brother is 18 and has been resisting his GCSEs for and math and English for the past 2 years. He passed his maths GCSE and has passed his level 2 functional English reading exam but has failed the writing one. Can you please advise me on what options do my brother have now? Is he able to resit his English GCSE without having to be in college? Is he able to go and do a level 3 BTEC even if he failed the writing exam? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by MoHASAN
My brother is 18 and has been resisting his GCSEs for and math and English for the past 2 years. He passed his maths GCSE and has passed his level 2 functional English reading exam but has failed the writing one. Can you please advise me on what options do my brother have now? Is he able to resit his English GCSE without having to be in college? Is he able to go and do a level 3 BTEC even if he failed the writing exam? Thank you.

You are able to continue resitting your GCSE’s until you pass. However your brother, now not being in college means he will have to pay for the exams, since a level 3 is the same level as a level you don’t actually have to have your GCSE’s as many people continue to resit their GCSE’s whilst studying at a college level.

Quick Reply

Latest