The Student Room Group

Should I take a gap year?

Is there anyone that has or is planning on taking a gap year? I just started yr13 and I’m considering a gap year but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I’m planning on studying early years education and if I take it the year them I’ll be definitely wanting to do something related to my course so that I can be sure it’s what I want to do. Also is there any recommendations to what I could do during that year?
Reply 1
Don't take a gap year straight away, maybe after a first year in Uni if you plan on going, and then when you take that gap year try find somewhere to work that would link to what you want to do.
Reply 2
I did a gap year and it was amazing but I guess it really depends on what you want to do. Maybe don't rush just think for a while. Consider your course options, and search gap year options too.
Hi! I personally was thinking about primary education, so I did in-school tutoring in my gap year, and it was really good to experience life in a school with the daily challenges and rewarding moments. It sounds like that might fit for you with considering early years education. I would have a look at what opportunities you could pursue that combine your future career with work experience you can get right now! Best of luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest