The Student Room Group

access to medicine with only 36 distinction, do i still have a chance?

Hi, guys, i only got 36 distinction with my access course and so far i am aiming at ARU and bristol since they seems to ask for quite low score for acess course and bristol also have a guarteened interview for it. Can anyone with similar experient in the previous year share some of your thoughts about this? Are these scores possbile to get me in? should i get another access course this year for 45 D? any other unis that ask for not 45D that i dont know abut? many thx!!!
Original post by jcjcjcjjccj
Hi, guys, i only got 36 distinction with my access course and so far i am aiming at ARU and bristol since they seems to ask for quite low score for acess course and bristol also have a guarteened interview for it. Can anyone with similar experient in the previous year share some of your thoughts about this? Are these scores possbile to get me in? should i get another access course this year for 45 D? any other unis that ask for not 45D that i dont know abut? many thx!!!

ARU want 30 distinctions and 15 merits, why would you want to do another access course?
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
ARU want 30 distinctions and 15 merits, why would you want to do another access course?

Because I don’t think meeting the minimum requirements would get me in. For example, I see people going to Bristol with access course and having 45D with UCAT 3000ish but on their website it is actually only asking 30D. Maybe I’m just panicking and overthinking. But I just want to be more safe and have a plan b if I fail again (Original post by random_matt)

Original post by jcjcjcjjccj
Because I don’t think meeting the minimum requirements would get me in. For example, I see people going to Bristol with access course and having 45D with UCAT 3000ish but on their website it is actually only asking 30D. Maybe I’m just panicking and overthinking. But I just want to be more safe and have a plan b if I fail again (Original post by random_matt)

where can you do another access course?
If Bristol have asked for 30 distinctions and 15 merits, they have asked for 30 distinctions and 15 merits. If you have 36 distinctions and the rest merits then you will not be discounted. You now need to concentrate on your UCAT score.

I don't think you can complete multiple access courses with the aim of obtaining better grades.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending