The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into Neuroscience with an Access to HE course?

Hii,
I'm 19, currently taking a gap year after finishing college last year studying BTEC double health and social care and BTEC applied psychology.
There are a few reasons why I had to only do BTECs but i won't get into that because it's too much.

Anyway, I'm starting an Access to science course in September with a huge hope to get accepted in Neuroscience, and preferably at an RG uni.
I've been studying a lot of the modules I'll have throughout the course so I won't struggle to achieve the grades I need.
Even though that's my dream, I know how hard it can be to get in a good uni especially for such a complex course and while most candidates may have A* on actual science A levels.

Does anyone have any advice or experiences to share?
Would I be wasting my time and money?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sotra
Hii,
I'm 19, currently taking a gap year after finishing college last year studying BTEC double health and social care and BTEC applied psychology.
There are a few reasons why I had to only do BTECs but i won't get into that because it's too much.

Anyway, I'm starting an Access to science course in September with a huge hope to get accepted in Neuroscience, and preferably at an RG uni.
I've been studying a lot of the modules I'll have throughout the course so I won't struggle to achieve the grades I need.
Even though that's my dream, I know how hard it can be to get in a good uni especially for such a complex course and while most candidates may have A* on actual science A levels.

Does anyone have any advice or experiences to share?
Would I be wasting my time and money?

Not at all. Current access to med student applying for medicine. I’m local to Bristol but Bristol uni offer guaranteed offers for access to HE students for non interviewing subjects. You would get a guaranteed offer for neuroscience in this case. I think you would need 30 distinctions and 15 merits? Double check this. Totally doable provided you put in the work for the course!
Reply 2
Original post by JP_1967
Not at all. Current access to med student applying for medicine. I’m local to Bristol but Bristol uni offer guaranteed offers for access to HE students for non interviewing subjects. You would get a guaranteed offer for neuroscience in this case. I think you would need 30 distinctions and 15 merits? Double check this. Totally doable provided you put in the work for the course!

That's great to know thank you :smile: I will look more into Bristol uni then
Good luck on your studies!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending