The Student Room Group

Did any of your schools have a pool?

I went to 3 schools as a child (we moved when I was as in year 2.).

School 1 didn’t have a pool and didn’t even go to a local leisure centre for swimming lessons it was only age 4.5-7.

School 2 did have one for year R to year 3 it was out side and absolutely freezing we had swimming lessons in the summer. After year 3 we would go to the garrison pool in the Arborfield Garrison (now demilitarised).

School 3 year 7-11 had big pool 25 metres It was freezing most of the time we again would have swimming in the summer. until year 9 in year 10 we were allowed to leave the school on Thursday afternoon and do “games” somewhere else if you wanted (they did check on you though) so I went swimming to the Carnival pool in reading which was if not warn not as freezing as the school pool.

did any of your schools have a pool?
Original post by jonathanemptage

School 1 didn’t have a pool and didn’t even go to a local leisure centre for swimming lessons it was only age 4.5-7.

School 2 did have one for year R to year 3 it was out side and absolutely freezing we had swimming lessons in the summer. After year 3 we would go to the garrison pool in the Arborfield Garrison (now demilitarised).

School 3 year 7-11 had big pool 25 metres It was freezing most of the time we again would have swimming in the summer. until year 9 in year 10 we were allowed to leave the school on Thursday afternoon and do “games” somewhere else if you wanted (they did check on you though) so I went swimming to the Carnival pool in reading which was if not warn not as freezing as the school pool.

No, the school I went to didn't have a pool but it did have a sponge pit.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
No, the school I went to didn't have a pool but it did have a sponge pit.

Oh yeah I’ve seen pictures of those they look quite fun.
Reply 3
My primary school did not have a pool and we went to a local pool for our swimming lessons in year 4.
My secondary school did not and we did not go to a pool.
My sixth form (an 11 to 18 school) has a pool, a max of 20 metres long if that. But it is a sport focused school for the secondary school, academic sixth form though.
Nope
Reply 5
no
Reply 6

Yes one In primary school!
Yes.. sort of, we had of those deals where our school and leisure centre shared some facilities
Reply 8
My first school did not then when we moved [Year 3] we went on a coach for swimming.

Secondary state school had indoor heated pool - lovely :smile:
I went to 5 schools that had swimming pools.
Reply 10
Nah we weren't that rich, could hardly afford to fix a leaking roof!

A couple of secondary schools in the area had (smallish and slightly manky at times) pools. Used to go to one for swimming lessons when I was little, and the other I went in once for a swim test for cadets.
In the juniors in primary school (years 3-6) we went to the local university's swimming pool (25m) for lessons once a week for a term, I think.
We didn't have a pool, but we had a nun's graveyard in our school, so that was our claim to fame in the local area :tongue:

yes! Though it was not our schools pool exactly. Our. It was attached to the school, with a separate entrance, one way being a few doors from the school hall. It was owned by a fitness company, with a small gym inside too. Though the school had to rent them out for gym or swimming lessons. It was also open to the public.
Reply 13
Preschool: no but we did have a tadpole bucket and a fish tank with eggs and live chicks from the farm
Primary School: no, went to local swimming pool in year 3
Secondary school: a very new big swimming pool with unpredictable heating 👍

Quick Reply

Latest