The Student Room Group

Forced to do A-Level Sociology....

So basically I'm doing A-Level Geography, English Lit & Biology. However, my GCSE Sociology teacher assumed I would do it at A-Level and won't stop asking me about it. At first, I thought I wanted to but now that the school year has started and I'm aware of the immense amount of work three relatively "easy" A-Levels is going to be, I just can't bring myself to do four, let alone in a subject I don't care about. Problem is my social anxiety will not allow me to break it to her, especially since she has been really enthusiastic about it and is very nice. What should I do?? I am focused on pursuing a Law degree at Oxford so Sociology would be helpful and I don't hate it, but am I just wasting my time? How should I break it to her without dying inside?
Original post by summerbummer
So basically I'm doing A-Level Geography, English Lit & Biology. However, my GCSE Sociology teacher assumed I would do it at A-Level and won't stop asking me about it. At first, I thought I wanted to but now that the school year has started and I'm aware of the immense amount of work three relatively "easy" A-Levels is going to be, I just can't bring myself to do four, let alone in a subject I don't care about. Problem is my social anxiety will not allow me to break it to her, especially since she has been really enthusiastic about it and is very nice. What should I do?? I am focused on pursuing a Law degree at Oxford so Sociology would be helpful and I don't hate it, but am I just wasting my time? How should I break it to her without dying inside?

Email her saying that you've had a change of heart, and thank her for her teaching in the past.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Email her saying that you've had a change of heart, and thank her for her teaching in the past.

Okay thanks, I will x

Quick Reply

Latest