The Student Room Group

Dental Work Experience

I am applying for a dentistry course this year without any work experience. The reason for this being that I have been rejected from any dental practice inside and out my area. I know it is preferred by universities to have work experience in a practice, but do i still have a chance to get into the course? I have got the grades, a high UCAT, and have taken online courses, and read books on dentistry, but i dont want to waste some of my 5 choices of university if i stand no chance of getting a placement.
Original post by Ghost150
I am applying for a dentistry course this year without any work experience. The reason for this being that I have been rejected from any dental practice inside and out my area. I know it is preferred by universities to have work experience in a practice, but do i still have a chance to get into the course? I have got the grades, a high UCAT, and have taken online courses, and read books on dentistry, but i dont want to waste some of my 5 choices of university if i stand no chance of getting a placement.

There's no gurantee you would get a place even with physical work experience, dentistry is very competitive. If you have got high grades and have done some online work experience, try to apply to unis that don't place much emphasis on work experience.

If you don't get in this year, don't be disheartened, you can always try again next year. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest