The Student Room Group

How do you know whether something is not for you?

Like say A Levels are not for you? Could it not be for you if you fail or even despite passing and having potential to do well?
Original post by Anony345533
Like say A Levels are not for you? Could it not be for you if you fail or even despite passing and having potential to do well?

Hi @Anony345533,

It's a good question to ask yourself, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. I certainly couldn't answer for you haha. But, since this is a personal question, I can help you with some questions you can ask yourself:

Are you enjoying the subjects? If you're not interested in the subjects you're studying, it's going to be hard to stay motivated. However, if you can learn to enjoy the subject you take, then I'd study it to your heart's content! :smile:
Are you finding the work challenging but manageable? If you're constantly struggling to keep up, it may be a sign that the level of study is not right for you.
Are you making progress? If you're not seeing your grades improve over time, it's possible that A Levels are not for you.
Are you happy with your decision? Ultimately, the only person who can decide whether or not A Levels are for you is you. If you're not sure, it's a good idea to talk to your teachers, parents, or a careers advisor.

It's important to remember that failing A Levels does not mean that you're not smart or capable. There are many other paths to success, and there are plenty of other things you can do with your life.

If you do decide that A Levels are not for you, there are always otherthings you can do next. You could:

Take a gap year. This will give you some time to figure out what you want to do next.
Retake A Levels. This is a good option if you're confident that you can do better the next time around.
Consider other options, such as apprenticeships or vocational training. There are many other ways to get the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.

The important thing, at the end of the day, is to not give up. There are many different paths to success, and you will find one that is right for you.

I hope this helps! :smile:

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
(edited 7 months ago)
hm... one way of seeing A Levels is they are a few years of life that lead to university or an education qualification. the studying you do in A Levels could have nothing to do with what you do for years of your life. i would do A levels just to complete them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest