The Student Room Group

wanting to transfer unis

is it possible I could transfer to a different uni..
just did first year at this uni and would like to transfer to another for first year
problem is that the uni I would like to transfer to doesn't have their course in clearing..
Reply 1
year out and apply for 24 entry?
Original post by ajj2000
year out and apply for 24 entry?

yeah that was what I was thinking..
Should I give the uni a call or something?
@ajj20000
Reply 4
Original post by Destoinyt-etete
yeah that was what I was thinking..
Should I give the uni a call or something?

it it a specific university you are interested in? If so then I would call them and check their website to make sure you meet their requirements for the course.
Original post by ajj2000
it it a specific university you are interested in? If so then I would call them and check their website to make sure you meet their requirements for the course.

Their course was not in clearing though so I doubt I could get in for 2023-2024?
I believe they expect a 2:1-1st achieved in first year or something..
(Uni is ucl..)
Just applying for their least competitive courses(itmb) for first yr entry
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Their course was not in clearing though so I doubt I could get in for 2023-2024?
I believe they expect a 2:1-1st achieved in first year or something..
(Uni is ucl..)
Just applying for their least competitive courses(itmb) for first yr entry

I suspect they would look at first year results as part of the process but select based on A level (or equivalent) grades. What is ITMB?
Original post by ajj2000
I suspect they would look at first year results as part of the process but select based on A level (or equivalent) grades. What is ITMB?

Information management for business
Reply 8
Information management for business

Sounds great! Do you meet the requirements? If so you could take a year out now if you prefer the course.
Original post by ajj2000
Sounds great! Do you meet the requirements? If so you could take a year out now if you prefer the course.

Sorry I missed contextual A level requirements by a grade but achieved a 2:1 at my current uni
Not sure if this will be possible
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 10
Sorry I missed A level requirements by a grade but achieved a 2:1 at my current uni
Not sure if this will be possible

Might contextual offers be a possibility? If not you could take a year out and apply but think of it as a hail Mary pass. Whether it is worthwhile depends on whether you want to leave your current university in any case.
ok
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ajj2000
Might contextual offers be a possibility? If not you could take a year out and apply but think of it as a hail Mary pass. Whether it is worthwhile depends on whether you want to leave your current university in any case.

So uhh should I call them up tmrw and notify them of the situation etc?
Will do that, thank you.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 13
So uhh should I call them up tmrw and notify them of the situation etc?
Will do that, thank you.

I think it’s something you might want to do to put your mind at ease and know that you have been rigorous in exploring options.

I’d guess (but don’t know) that it’s a real long shot.’perhaps less so if you took a new a level and got an a grade?
Original post by ajj2000
I think it’s something you might want to do to put your mind at ease and know that you have been rigorous in exploring options.

I’d guess (but don’t know) that it’s a real long shot.’perhaps less so if you took a new a level and got an a grade?

thanks for the help
just did first year at this uni and would like to transfer to another for first year
problem is that the uni I would like to transfer to doesn't have their course in clearing..

Hey!

If you're unsure how to go about transferring universities, it's best to give them a call and see what they can do to help.

Our friendly admissions team and Clearing advisors at #DerbyUni are always on hand to help. 😊 👉 derby.ac.uk/clearing/

Best of luck!

There is a Transfer FAQ which details the process. The guidance above is correct, it's best to contact the uni you want to go to to, to see if they consider transfers, and if so whether your quals+current course meet their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending