The Student Room Group

Alcohol

Hi I’ve been wanting restrict my intake on beer as I don’t want feel tired or brain fog or anything like that. I’d consider myself in general healthy and fit. I go the gym almost everyday and tried to keep a balanced diet. But I feel I drink a bit of alcohol. I don’t know how you calculate units but it’s mostly if I had more than two beers in the fridge let’s say 6 for example.

And I go through it or if I was out with friends maybe a couple of pints and maybe some cheeky shots. But rarely do shots. As I’m not really a big fan on spirits but shots just for the fun of it. But I’m lifestyle I work really hard ensure im and not living like a slob.

I don’t want to put pressure on taking a break but obviously as I want to enjoy life to the fullest. I just wanted to ask you guys maybe if I drink too much as I ask myself that question or am I being too hard on myself and if I need to just take a detox from it I don’t drinking everyday mostly just on weekends.
Reply 1
The recommended ‘safe’ limit is 14 units or 6 pints a week. If you stay within this limit I’d say you’d meet what you want to achieve

Of course many people drink a lot more than this, particularly in student days and a bit beyond, and you can get away with this for a good while. But a risk is becoming dependent and needing alcohol very regularly to deal with life’s stresses as well as to have fun.
(edited 7 months ago)
You haven't told us how often you drink, we can't answer?

But it is important to take into account the calories, esp when a few beers becomes a dozen it really mounts up. In my teens/20s my body didn't seem to hold on to liquid calories, but in my 30s its started to hold onto them more and I can sort of see how some people develop these HUGE beer guts :/

Quick Reply

Latest