The Student Room Group

Economics degree

I wanna go into economics at university and currently have Econ maths further and bio a levels. Should I switch biology to french? Which one makes me stand out more to unis?
Original post by lili__1
I wanna go into economics at university and currently have Econ maths further and bio a levels. Should I switch biology to french? Which one makes me stand out more to unis?

The key A Level is Maths. FM is ideal if you want to apply for top end uni.

I know of only 1 uni that might be picky about whether you have economics or a similar social science for your A Levels. (There might be the odd 1 or 2 more.)

So long your other options are academic outside of Maths (and possibly FM), I would doubt you have issues with your A Levels for any degree course in economics i.e. biology or French doesn't matter. I would pick the subject you either enjoy more or can get the higher grade in.
Original post by lili__1

Hi @lili__1,

Whether you should switch biology to French really just depends on your interests and career goals.

If you are passionate about biology and want to pursue a career in a related field, then there is no need to switch to French. Biology is a highly respected A-level subject that can lead to a variety of careers in healthcare, research, and environmental science.

However, if you are not interested in biology and are looking for a way to stand out to universities, then switching to French is also a really good option. French is a valuable skill that can be useful in many different careers, including business, finance, and international relations.

So don't worry too much about what Universities think, since they don't mind and see the value in both. :biggrin:

I hope this helps.

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending