The Student Room Group

Can you leave you ECT school after one year?

Basically I recently started my ECT year 1 job, and not going to lie, I don’t think the school is for me. I have no flexibility in changing the lessons how I want, the diversity in terms of staff body isn’t that great (when I went for the interview this wasn’t the case), and just generally I’m not sure if the school is for me. I am prepared to stick it out for one year, but would it look bad/affect my ECT if I leave after the first year?
Reply 1
Original post by samiyaq
Basically I recently started my ECT year 1 job, and not going to lie, I don’t think the school is for me. I have no flexibility in changing the lessons how I want, the diversity in terms of staff body isn’t that great (when I went for the interview this wasn’t the case), and just generally I’m not sure if the school is for me. I am prepared to stick it out for one year, but would it look bad/affect my ECT if I leave after the first year?

Nope you can leave after the year.
Reply 2
Original post by samiyaq

You can leave after 1 year and continue your ECT elsewhere but I don't know any school that gives you the flexibility to change / swap your lessons around.
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud
You can leave after 1 year and continue your ECT elsewhere but I don't know any school that gives you the flexibility to change / swap your lessons around.

By changing lessons, I mean planning them how I want basically

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending