The Student Room Group

ECT Abroad

Hi, I'm currently completing my Pgce with qts in the uk and will be finished in December. I’m a business teacher. I will have over two years teaching experience. England isn't my home and I have no commitments here. I just came to complete the teacher training.

I want advice on doing the ECT abroad. I've worked in Thailand as an unqualified teacher and would like to try UAE or Australia. I’m open to possibilities. But want go to an international school to start my ECT straight away. Can ye give me advice on this? Would it be possible to move in January or should I wait till the following September? Is there international school you would recommend?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Only British Schools overseas can run the ECT and while they might take you on (being able to mould a teacher in their own image is always appealing), OTOH it’s often very competitive to get into British Schools overseas as they are looking for an extremely high standard of teaching (I have been interviewed in such environments before so do know) and once teachers get in they tend not to leave as they are good places to work (so vacancies can be few and far between depending on your subject). Overall it’s probably better to complete the ECT in the U.K. 2 years will fly by - honestly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending