The Student Room Group

Help, can not afford a 3rd attempt!!

so just for a little bit of context, I did an Engineering foundation year at Coventry University in 2020. in 2021 I then proceeded into Electro mechanical engineering but i could not complete this year as I had gotten severely ill. So in 2022 i decided to retake 1st year but for Mechanical engineering.
Now this is where it gets complicated, I had done really well in all my exams and coursework except for 2 exams, my maths exam and my mechanical exam. I didn't get good marks for my mechanical exam and for my maths exam, well i couldn't even attend due to train strikes. (when i left my house my train was still going but when i got the the train station all trains until 1pm were cancelled which was the time after my exam btw). So I applied for a deferral and gave all the evidence that the registry wanted but was rejected for insufficient evidence. Now I am currently appealing and working with a case worker.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can continue on to next year as I really do not want to retake again!
Reply 1
Your post doesn't inspire confidence. History of swapping and changing courses. What was your illness? Train strikes are notified in advance and no reason for missing an exam. My worry is you simply don't seem focused, and you need that focus as university is driven by you. You are an adult and need to take responsibility.
Reply 2
Original post by Apachecow
Your post doesn't inspire confidence. History of swapping and changing courses. What was your illness? Train strikes are notified in advance and no reason for missing an exam. My worry is you simply don't seem focused, and you need that focus as university is driven by you. You are an adult and need to take responsibility.

Well my illness was and still is that I have a brain tumour on one of my glands in my brain and I also have a liver issue. I dont think i need to go into detail about this. and train strikes are not always notified in advance otherwise that would have made my life really easy. In my appeal have provided all relevant evidences for this. And for me changing subjects, I know that i want to do something in engineering but i didn't know what. I now have found that I enjoy mechanical engineering. Simple. My post is clearly asking for advice on how I can continue, with all due and respect I really do not need you, someone who doesn't know the whole story to tell me that I am not focused or inspires confidence. I appreciate your input though.

Quick Reply

Latest